The Akshaya Patra Foundation began its COVID-19 relief services on 25th March 2020 by providing freshly cooked meals, grocery kits and Happiness Kits to thousands of people by coordinating with various State Governments & District Administrations. Around 12-crore cumulative meals were served and distributed to people from marginalised sections of the society.
The NGO supporting during COVID-19 adheres to safety and hygiene measures while serving cooked food and while distributing kits in Rajasthan, Karnataka, Telangana, Gujarat, Maharashtra, NCR, Uttar Pradesh, Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Chhattisgarh, Odisha, Assam, Madhya Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Tripura, West Bengal, Punjab, Jharkhand and Himachal Pradesh.
Just when all of us began to accept the new guidelines that were accepted as norms, the 2nd wave of the pandemic hit us again! And this time, it hit us even harder. Akshaya Patra continues with all its might to feed the needy people during the second wave too.
Akshaya Patra’s ongoing relief activities
• Serving cooked meals with COVID-19 Relief Service
• Distributing grocery kits (food relief kits) with COVID-19 Relief Service
• Providing happiness kits with Happiness Kits Initiative
• Issuing food & water to rail passengers with Yatri Sewa Programme
Supporting each other is the need of the hour
Many State Agencies, District Authorities and citizens have come forward to show their support during this crisis that has hit us harder than before. By donating to Akshaya Patra’s COVID-19 Relief Service, you can ease the worries of needy people. Every penny of your donation towards Akshaya Patra’s COVID-19 Relief Service will help the Foundation to:
• Continue providing cooked meals and grocery kits to daily wage workers, migrant labourers, and the low-income sections.
• Expand the relief operations to serve many more needy people. The intensity with which people are affected by this 2nd wave is worse this year (Times of India).
If a majority of citizens are well-fed and healthy, they will have more power to ward off the virus. Support generously for the sake of people who need you the most this year.