Call it Ugadi, Gudi Padwa, Yugadi, Thapna, Sajibu Nongma Panba, Cheti Chand or any other name you want, but the essence of this day remains the same. It is the day celebrated as New Year in different communities. Every one of us welcomes this 2021 on a positive note, hoping for good health, wealth, prosperity and safety.
This year is all about doing things differently. How can we celebrate this Ugadi in a slightly different manner?
• Go online shopping
A new festival is all about shopping for new clothes. Bright coloured clothes are a part of each house on every Ugadi. Young parents gift their children, and older children gift clothes to their parents. Since going out shopping for the whole family is risky at this stage, shop online as many e-commerce platforms offer festive discounts.
• Prepare delicacies
Festive treats are a part of every celebration. As children, do you remember slyly going into the kitchen to grab the sweets your mom prepared? Enjoy making the same dishes and eating them with your family.
• Offer your prayers
Commence this New Year by seeking the blessings of God. Pray for the health and safety of your family and everybody else on this planet. Worshipping God gives you inner peace and calms your mind, body and soul.
• Virtually meet your friends & family
Visiting friends and relatives was a regular part of the celebrations. However, this year, you have to be more careful and responsible. The whole world is going digital, then why not make digital media a part of your celebrations? Dress up, get ready, put on your new clothes, call up your elders and relatives to take their blessings.
• Make gifting a part of your celebrations
A festival is incomplete without gifting. Gift special items to your family members. But, many people do not have the comfort of life as we all do. People struggle without food and children without food and education. So, as a change this year, why not donate to an NGO to feed the needy people?
The Akshaya Patra Foundation is a non-profit organisation that implements the Mid-Day Meal Programme in 52 locations spread across 12 states and 2 union territories of India. By providing unlimited food for education to school children studying in Government and Government-aided schools, it aims to mitigate classroom hunger.
Why should you donate to Akshaya Patra on this Ugadi?
Giving is a part of the festive season. Donate to Akshaya Patra to make a difference for children and society on the whole.
• Your donation of ₹1100 takes care of their nutritional requirements for one full academic year
• Your contribution helps in eliminating classroom hunger and helps children to concentrate better in class
• When your support helps children by improving their ability to focus, you are upholding their education too
• Mid-day meals are an incentive for children to come to school every day, thereby increasing their attendance rate and school retention rate
• As children come to school daily for their share of school meals, they have a lesser tendency to stop coming to school. This helps in reducing school dropout rates.
With your one donation, you can make a world of a difference to the future of the nation. Go digital in your celebrations this Ugadi. Support children’s food, dreams and education with Akshaya Patra.