The Akshaya Patra Foundation always stands up for the needy by providing its relief services during crisis. As the COVID-19 pandemic struck the globe, the NGO stepped up to provide relief services to the needy in India. The Foundation is providing cooked meals and dry grocery kits to the migrant labourers, daily wage workers, construction site workers, and needy people in old age homes and night shelters. In close association with the Government of India, State Governments and Local Administrations, and support from Volunteers and Donors, Akshaya Patra began its COVID-19 Food Relief Service on 25 March 2020.
During this lockdown period, Akshaya Patra has served 2,43,85,295 cooked meals and distributed 6,81,423 grocery kits as on 14 June 2020. The relief service activities are carried out with great precaution and safety measures in Rajasthan, Karnataka, Telangana, Gujarat, Maharashtra, NCR, Uttar Pradesh, Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Chhattisgarh, Odisha, Assam, Madhya Pradesh, Uttarakhand, West Bengal, Punjab and Tripura.
Here are some clippings to provide you an overview of Akshaya Patra’s tireless service during the unprecedented crisis.
1. Akshaya Patra reaches the 3 crore mark in COVID-19 relief services
2. Akshaya Patra serves 30,000 migrants in Delhi during COVID-19 crisis
3. Akshaya Patra helps the needy during the Corona crisis
4. Akshaya Patra Delivers Meal Boxes to the Needy During the Corona Crisis
5. Akshaya Patra’s COVID-19 Relief Operations in Jaipur
6. Hope In A Box – Akshaya Patra Relief Services
7. Akshaya Patra COVID-19 Relief Service
8. Shridhar Venkat speaks on World Health Day
9. COVID-19 Relief Services by Akshaya Patra
10. Akshaya Patra COVID-19 Relief Service
10. Akshaya Patra serves 5 crore meals during its COVID-19 relief service
Be a part of Akshaya Patra’s COVID-19 Relief Service and provide food to thousands of needy