The Akshaya Patra Foundation strives to eliminate hunger and malnutrition in India. The NGO addresses the need of wholesome meals for children by implementing mid-day meal programme in government schools and government aided schools.
The aim of the Foundation is to make sure that no child stays deprived of education due to hunger. Through the mid-day meal programme, we ensure to feed the millions of young minds and encourage them to fulfill their dreams. Every child is born special, one might want to be a doctor and the other one might want to be a dancer, but every dream of the glittering eyes is worth it. But just like a sapling needs care and nurturing, we too need to nourish our children for paving a better road for them.
Akshaya Patra understands that with every passing day, the world is continuously innovating itself. Foundation continuously leveraging technology to cater to millions of children. Its state-of-the-art kitchens have become a subject of study and they attract curious visitors from around the world. Akshaya Patra has 34 kitchens spread across 12 states in India, a result of the successful partnership with the Government of India, various State Governments and generous supporters.
- National Award for Child welfare 2016
- Entered Guinness World Records
- Supported Flood-relief Efforts by Handing out
- ICAI Gold Shield Award for Excellence in Financial Reporting for 2016-17
- Started Great India Talent Foundation, a quality day-boarding
- Launched a mobile laboratory to monitor food quality across kitchens in Andhra Pradesh and Telangana
- Serving milk every day to 3.34 lakh children in Bengaluru and Hubballi
- Akshaya Nidhi extended the meal programme to employees of Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike (BBMP) and construction workers as well
Our New Initiative:
- Expanding our operations by adding 14 new kitchens
- Extending our reach to over 1.8 million children through 5 kitchens launched last year
- Mentoring over 100 children each in Vrindavan, Odisha, Dharwad and Hyderabad under our initiative ‘Giving Every Dream a Chance’
- Providing academic scholarship to over 500 children for higher education
- Providing free-of-cost quality education to children in Vrindavan and Tripura through Great India Talent Foundation
- Supporting 5,000 widows in Vrindavan through Widow Mother Feeding Programme
Giving Every Dream a Chance
We at Akshaya Patra believe that every child deserves to be treated equally and should be given equal opportunity to grow and accomplish their dreams. You can be a blessing for a child and share your happiness with them by donating for a child/children for 1 year. This time feel the joy of sharing happiness with a child. Support Akshaya Patra’s mid-day meal programme.