Digitisation has changed many aspects of our lives including the way we conduct financial transactions. Considering the security and ease of digital transaction, NGOs across the globe including Akshaya Patra encourage donors to contribute funds through online donation modes.
Digitisation has simplified many aspects of our lives to a great extent. Right from conversing with family and friends, shopping, booking tickets, sending gifts to carrying out financial transactions, everything can be done from palm tops. Leveraging on this ‘ease of access’ aspect of the technological advancement, NGOs across the globe including The Akshaya Patra Foundation encourages donors to use online donation modes to contribute funds.
Akshaya Patra has been providing nutritious school meals to children in India for the past 18 years. It is one of the oldest mid-day meal NGO in India and is registered under:
• The Indian Trusts Act 1882 as a non-profit organisation.
• Section 12A (a) of the Income Tax Act 1961 and Section 6 (1) (a) of the Foreign Contribution (Regulation) Act 2010.
Currently, the NGO is nourishing 1,762,133 children studying in 15,024 schools across 42 locations of 12 states. Aside from its core cause of implementing the Mid-Day Meal Programme, the FoNon Profit Organizationundation has also initiated child-centric programmes for holistic development of its beneficiaries, such as:
• Anganwadi Feeding Programme
• Giving Every Dream a Chance – a talent development programme for beneficiaries
• Scholarship Programme, and
• School and Student Transformation Programme
The Foundation encourages and welcomes support in the form of volunteering, knowledge partnership, CSR partnership, and sponsorships and donations. Focussing on donations, Akshaya Patra accepts both offline and online contributions and your donations will be eligible for tax exemption under Section 80G. Upon completion of a successful transaction, Akshaya Patra will issue a donation receipt and a tax exemption certificate. Offline donations can be made through cheques and demand drafts. However, Akshaya Patra encourages donors to donate via online donation modes.
Your online donation to Akshaya Patra will:
• Bridge the gap between children and school instantly;
• Provide the much-needed nutritious school meals to children promptly;
• Contribute in creating a strong foundation of healthy and educated citizens at the click of a button; and
• Avail tax deductions on your donated amount under Section 80G of Income Tax Act.
With your support, Akshaya Patra can reach the mission of feeding 5 million children by 2025. Let’s together nourish and nurture the future flagbearers of India. Donate and save tax now!